Monday, March 21, 2022

HELLO LADYBUG Slider card

 



                                                                       


   Hello everyone, and thank you for coming by and checking out my blog for todays card. I have been wanting to do this interactive slider card for some time now and now that spring is almost here I thought it was a great time to share how I made it. I have included step by step instructions, measurements, supplies and my YouTube video tutorial just below.

 


          

                         


  Starting with a piece of cardstock cut at 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" and score it at 1/2" and 4 1/2". Cut another piece of basic white cardstock for your inside The above pic is a template of where to score it and what it will look like. Once you have your card base cut and scored it's time to decorate your card front with ether a background stamp or maybe some pretty (DSP) of 3 3/4" X 5 1/4". I choose to use a background stamp called STACKED STONE. I used the GREY GRANITE ink and my STAMPARATUS to stamp it on a piece of basic white cardstock. After I stamped my background stamp I adhered it to my card front. Before putting it all together I brought out mt trimmer and flipping the card upside down and lining it up on the trimmer at the 1 3/4" at the top and leaving my finger under neath the clear ruler on the side so I won't cut anything yet. Once you have it lined up at the 1 3/4" look on the side of the clear ruler and bring your cutting blade to the 1" and lay your clear down and cut a slit from the 1" all the way to the 4 1/2" mark on the side ruler. I recommend  in my you tube video tutorial to run your cutting blade through a couple of times. It may take a couple times to get a slit cut through with it being two pieces of cardstock.

               After you have done this you will need to mark a half way point on the card base with a pencil, about 2" so you can punch out a notch with a 1" circle paper punch. I would not try to punch the backside of the card along with the other two pieces of cardstock. The paper punch may get damaged if you try to punch out more than two at time. Then cut a basic white piece of cardstock at 3 1/4" X 5/8" for your tab of the mechanism that will slide up and down on the front of the card. Then you will need to insert your little tab just inside of the slit and I recommend  to put a DIMMENSIONAL at the end of your little white tab to keep it front sliding out from the slit. from the front of the card. Once you have that your ready to place your inside piece in the card. You will need to flip it around so it will be facing away from you. Keeping the little white tab as straight as you can add some strong adhesive just on the tab it self only. Then add your inside piece to it. 

        Now your ready to make it a slider card as a pocket by adding some TEAR and TAPE to the 1/2" score on the side of the card. To create a hole for the ribbon I used a 1/8" hole punch at  the top of the inside piece ofthe  cardstock. Add your ribbon of about 8" and this will help pull your slider part of the card up and down and your sentiment from the inside piece. You tube tutorial is just below to follow along with me as I demonstrate how to create this card. Thank you so much for coming by and reading my blog post on this project. 


                     YOUTUBE TUTORIAL :

             

                        

                              SUPPILIES USED :                   

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

SWEET SONGBIRD SHUTTER CARD

                                                                 Hello everyone, I hope your doing well. I have another easy and simple fun ...