Monday, June 6, 2022

SWEET SONGBIRD SHUTTER CARD

 



                                                            


  Hello everyone, I hope your doing well. I have another easy and simple fun fold card to share with you today. I will include all my measurements and more, I will have my you tube tutorial just below in today's blog post.     
                                                   

  I started with a piece of COSTAL CABANA cardstock cut at 5 1/2" X 8 1/2" and scored on both long sides at 2 1/8" and then I cut (4) pieces of the (DSP) cut at 2" X 5 1/4". I used the HUES OF HAPPINESS Designer Series Paper. I really like how these little flowers coordinate with this stamp set bundle called SWEET SONGBIRD.  There is a little flower stamp in this stamp bundle and it worked well for the inside of the card. I adhered the (DSP) on the inside of both panels of the card, alternating the two different prints. I used the night of navy one for the front and the lighter print for the inside. Once I adhered these to the front and inside of the card i moved onto the stamping. 


                                                 


      I die cut two of the square STYLISH SHAPES, one of the largest one and one of the next to largest one to layer together.  I cut a MANGO MELODY and a basic white one for stamping my images and sentiment on. I used a piece of scrap basic white to stamp out my bird and using another punch trick that I show in my you tube tutorial. I punched out my bird and started building it with an extra little wing to add to the bird. The punch has two other images that you can stamp and punch out, but I chose not to use them. There are two  alternative images you can stamp the beak, and another larger wing to add to the bird. I found it easier to just use a STAMPIN WRITE MARKER to color in the beak with MANGO MELODY. For the pic above I show the card slightly opened after taking the belly band off just before you open it. When you go to open the card it will have a shutter open in the middle and it will reveal the sentiment. 


                                                 



Here is the final look of what the inside of the card looks like, I really love how this card came out. It took me just a little longer in this video as I wanted to show more detailed of how I made this card, The actually mechanism for the shutter part is where I went into a more detailed of how to cut both of these pieces and where to cut them at. I cut two more pieces of COSTAL CABANA card stock at 3 1/2' X 4" and scored it at 1/2" on the short side of the 3 1/2" side. Using a ruler or a grid sheet your going to want to find the center on both sides. The 3 1/2" is at 1 3/4" and on the 4" it will be at 2" once you have those two measurements your going to want to make a mark. Cut from the center to each corner on both shutter pieces. Once you have them cut and ready I put TEAR AND TAPE on the scored side of the two pieces. Any adhesive will work for this, but I wanted to use a more heavier one so it will stay in place and not fall off. The next thing I did was add them to both sides of the card by centering them inside and laying down one at a time the outside flap of the card. The front panel of the card will pick it up and ready for the next step. Before adding my other piece that goes on top of these two pieces I stamped my sentiment and added two little flowers on a piece of basic white circle die cut. I cut out an extra piece of basic white cardstock from the layering circle dies of the 2 3/4" one. I used a ruler to measure the inside of this circle die to make sure it was the right one for this project. I used some liquid glue to the circle die and carefully centered it just inside the two shutter panels. After I got this I cut another piece of COSTAL CABANA cardstock at 3" X 5 1/2" and the (DSP) Designer Series Paper at 2 3/4" X 5 1/4". I adhered this piece over top the two shutter pieces to hide the mechanism part of the card. I then wanted to make sure it was going to open like a shutter card and it worked great. For the final part of today's card I added a belly band to hold the card front down. I used a strip of the FRESH FREESIA cardstock cut at 3/4" X 11" but I snip off a little after wrapping it around the card. Then I added some DIMENSIONALS to the center of the belly band. For the inside piece that goes over the two shutter card mechanisms I die cut the same circle die and used a pencil to trace it from the back side and ran it through the STAMPIN CUT AND EMBOSSING MACHINE before adding it. I am including another picture of what the shutter card templates mechanisms  look like after cutting them for a reference. 
                                     


                                           







                                                



                    

                              SUPPLIES USED:



     
 
              

                    
                                     
                                                 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

SWEET SONGBIRD SHUTTER CARD

                                                                 Hello everyone, I hope your doing well. I have another easy and simple fun ...