Monday, January 17, 2022

Love & Happiness pop up card

 





                                          


  Hello crafters, I couldn't wait to share this surprise pop up card with you today. I can't believe we are in the middle of January already. We are having  some really cold January weather here in Va lately, and another snow storm as well. I hope where your at it's much nicer than here. The best part about winter for me is I am able to do more crafting like this pop up card. I will included my easy measurements, my weekly you tube tutorial, and supplies I used for this card. Just scroll down and you will see my video and supplies used.  

 


                                             


 I started with a piece of what I thought was a piece of  POLISHED PINK card stock cut at 5 1/2" X 11". I scored it at 4 1/4", 5", 5 3/4", 6 1/2", and 7 1/8" on the long side. In my video I kept saying POLISHED PINK when it was a piece of MAGENTA MADNESS. In the end I think the BLUSHING BRIDE  (DSP) coordinated well with MAGENTA MADNESS card stock afterall. The Desighner Series Paper is one of many freebies from the SALE-a-bration items that can be choosen as one of your free items after a $50.00. I cut the (DSP) SIMPLY MARBLEOUS at 5" X 3 3/4" after I embossed it with the new BOUQUET OF LOVE Hybird embossing folder. This folder is different than the other embossing folders that STAMPIN' UP! has. Just below in the video I explain what the difference is between them.


                                        


    In the video I show how to create a mountain, valley fold technique starting with your second score line. Fold it as you would make a mountain, and then fold back away from you creating a valley technique.  I actually didn't start with the second score line and realized I was doing it wrong at first. Looking at the sample card template above to help show you how to get this look of the folds you will need for this card. Once you have your folds down  you can start decorating the front of your card. I cut out a couple of the big hearts from this stamp set bundle to add to the front of the card. Before putting them on the front of the card I layered them together and stamped the sentiment first. I also cut another  srip of  (DSP)  at 1 1/4" X 5 1/2" and added this to the inside of the card at the bottom to have even like a regular card. 


                                           



  Before I added a piece of basic white card stock to the inside of the card for you to write your personal message on. I stamped another sentiment from this stamp set before adding it. From the pic above before adding your adheasive on the folds and on the inside you will need to add your hearts first. I cut out 6 more little hearts from another one of the dies and used some glue dots and three pieces of vellum strips. I adhered them just inside the middle section before adding my tear and tape to close the seam of the middle section of the card. I also added tear and tape to the inside of the two valley folds on the back. For the finshing touch I added  a few of the IRIDESCENT RHINESTONES to the front. Thank for coming by today and checking out my blog post on this pop up card. I would love for you to come follow me over on my social media sites to see more of my cards/projects.    
  

                                                       



                           SUPPLIES USED :


   

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

SWEET SONGBIRD SHUTTER CARD

                                                                 Hello everyone, I hope your doing well. I have another easy and simple fun ...